In my industry, there are a boatload of acronyms. Heck, the industry it’s self is an acronym. I really don’t want to take the time to spell out all the words in every post so here is a Glossary of the most common terms you’ll see on the site of Lauren Starling:
- SEO– Search Engine Optimization
- ORM– Online Reputation Management
- SE– Search Engines
- SERPs- Search Engine Results Page
- PR– Google Page Rank
- ORM Funneling– Steering the searcher through a series of results controlled by the person holding the name or brand.
- C&D– Cease and Desist. A legal order to halt activity and to not take it up again later.
- DMCA– Digital Millennium Copyright Act